Albion Primary School have an exciting new opportunity available for a Trainee Premises Assistant.
Under the direction of the Premises Officer, ensuring all school buildings and grounds are cleaned to agreed standards and specifications, including
- Assisting in the supervision of the school cleaning staff, instructing cleaners in the safe operation of equipment/machinery/chemicals, ensuring cleaners are aware of and adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting in ensuring the maintenance of all school buildings, grounds and utilities and ensuring that any repairs are properly and promptly carried out.
- Maintenance of school property, including: drainage systems, entrances and footpaths and heating systems. You will liaise with the Administrative Officer, reporting on, arranging and overseeing any alterations, redecoration, building and maintenance works and specialised repair work.
- Assisting in keeping all grounds and buildings secure, this including: acting as a key-holder, activating and de-activating alarm systems, liaising with security officers and reporting, as appropriate.
- Assisting in undertaking various porterage, administrative and lettings duties, such as the moving and storage of furniture, vetting of school visitors, ensuring inventories are managed and kept up-to-date and transporting monies across site.
- Assisting in ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations in respect of matters affecting the cleanliness, security and maintenance of all school buildings and grounds.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required, which may not be laid out in this job advertisement.
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.