Join St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School as a PE and Coaching Assistant.
The PE and Coaching Assistant will plan and deliver sport sessions to pupils, both in school time and as part of after-school clubs. They will also contribute to the development of the extra-curriculum activities promoted by the institution. This may involve working in person, virtually, or a combination of the two.
- Assisting with the planning of engaging sport and fitness sessions
- Advising pupils on how to stay fit and healthy
- Contributing to the organisation and delivery of extra-curricular activities
- Providing administrative support when needed
- Reporting any concerns, problems or incidents in accordance with relevant reporting procedures
Ideal candidates for PE and Coaching Assistant:
- Have a good level of written and oral communication skills
- Have GCSE Grade C/Level 4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Are flexible and collaborative in their approach to work
- Can engage effectively with pupils
- Are committed to enhancing pupils’ wellbeing and raising pupils’ achievement
- Have a basic understanding of Health and Safety regulations, procedures and the principles of equality and diversity
12pm-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.