New opportunity at St Polycarp’s Catholic Primary School, Woking.
The Learning Support Assistant and Play Worker will provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils. During lunchtime and in our wrap around care provision, they will be responsible for enhancing pupils’ enjoyment of playtime, organising and delivering safe, creative and purposeful games and leisure activities, promoting good behaviour and fair play.
- Collaborating with teaching staff by supporting in the classroom
- Supervising pupils and handling their queries
- Assisting teachers and Learning Support Assistants with general classroom duties e.g. maintaining a clean and tidy classroom environment
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Preparing resources and activities for play and leisure activities
- Reporting any concerns, problems or incidents, eg, safeguarding, behaviour, breakdowns, deficiencies, in accordance with relevant reporting procedures.
Ideal candidates for Learning Support Assistant and Play Worker:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- GCSE Grade C/Level 4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Ability to engage effectively with pupils
- Good organisational skills
- Basic IT skills
8.30am – 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.