Join Albion Primary School as a Trainee Playworker/Teaching Assistant.
The Teaching Assistant will provide support / assistance in the day to day operation of an After School Club. Undertaking face to face work with the children in delivering an interesting and safe programme of activities alongside assisting with supporting the children to learn within the class setting.
1. Ensuring that the programme of activities delivered is interesting, valuable and appropriate.
2. Lead groups of children in specific sport, game craft and learning activities.
3. Manage behaviours and adapt the activity to meet the needs of groups or individuals. Preparing for activities.
4. Supervise children to ensure safe use of equipment and facility without endangering themselves or other users.
5. To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Ideal candidates for Trainee Playworker/Teaching Assistant:
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team, sharing working knowledge and skills
- Ability to develop a range of play/learning related skills
- Ability to work flexibility, able to rearrange work plans in relating to changing priorities
- Ability to interact sensitively with other workers, children and parents
- Ability to listen to understand the needs, aspirations and problem children
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.