The Trainee Teaching Assistant will help the teacher to develop learning programmes and activities, and adapt appropriate materials. They will also support children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual or small group basis, give extra support to children with special educational needs, support the use of IT in learning activities, and assist with the preparation and maintenance of equipment/resources required to meet lesson plans/relevant learning activities.
- Encourage pupils to engage in activities
- Supporting the emotional and social needs of the pupils
- Observing and recording behaviour in the classroom
- Creating displays
- Supervising the pupils in the classroom and during breaks
- Have a good level of spoken and written English
- Have an enthusiasm and passion for working with children
- Hold GCSE grades in Maths and English grades A-C or equivalent
- Are able to work as part of a team
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.