Join St Mary’s Catholic Primary School as a Kitchen Assistant.
This position involves cooking/preparing snacks and main meals. Assisting with the service of meals as directed, encouraging pupils in a friendly and positive manner to try all foods. Maintaining food handling and personal hygiene standards to ensure compliance with food hygiene regulations.
- Preparing food and beverages
- Serving customers at the counter/hatch or from a trolley or kiosk as required
- Cleaning equipment: walls, floors, fixtures and fittings, cooking utensils, cutlery, glassware etc.
- Ensuring that tables and counters are as clean as reasonably practicable and adequately stocked
- Reporting any accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and taking such action as may be appropriate or possible
Ideal candidates for Kitchen Assistant:
- Understands the need for high standards of hygiene
- Has excellent customer service
- Has good communication skills
- A basic understanding of food hygiene is essential
- Ideally, has catering experience and GSCE grades in both Maths and English
25 per week
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.