Join Prenton Primary School as a Caretaker.
Work under the direction of the Senior Caretaker, or other such officer as may be designated, and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the Local Authority and school, to be responsible for the security of the premises and its contents (including the operation of fire and burglar alarms and key holder responsibilities), lighting, heating and cleaning of premises (including maintenance and operation of plant), porterage, painting on a rolling programme of maintenance and handyperson duties, and other duties arising from the use of the premises.
- Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action if required
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
- Monitor stock and order supplies
- Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules.
- Dealing with enquiries from staff, students and pupils, parents, officers and members of the public.
- Ensuring that the school premises and furnishings are cleaned in accordance school’s standards and methods.
- To maintain an efficient recycling programme in line with the grey bin provision i.e. paper, cardboard, plastic bottles and help to raise litter awareness within the whole school, identifying recyclable items.
- Ensuring that all staff are aware of the existence and contents of Health and Safety at Work Codes of Practice
- Complying with all procedures required by the Health & Safety Officer
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example sports/theatrical equipment
Desirable skills/qualities for Caretaker:
- The ability to work flexibly, working additional hours at the headteacher’s request.
- Flexible and open minded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
25 per week
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.