- Support children with reading and writing on an individual or small group basis.
- Help children who need extra support to complete tasks.
- Give extra support to children with special educational needs, disabilities or English as an additional language.
- Help the teacher to develop learning programmes and activities, and adapt appropriate materials.
- Listen to children read, read to them and tell them stories.
- Encourage pupil’s to engage in reading and recommend books to them.
Desirable skills/qualities for Reading Champion:
- Ability to encourage and enable others to develop their full potential.
- Ability to build relationships and to lead and work as part of a team.
- A friendly, helpful, caring and flexible approach.
- Open-mindedness and patience.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Willingness and ability to attend appropriate meetings and training.
- Preferably holds GCSE (or equivalent) English grade C or above
25 per week
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.