- Support children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual or small group basis.
- Help children who need extra support to complete tasks.
- Give extra support to children with special educational needs, disabilities or English as an additional language.
- Help the teacher to develop learning programmes and activities, and adapt appropriate materials.
- Prepare the classroom for lessons and practice good housekeeping to ensure the classroom remains in good order.
- Support the teacher in managing class behaviour.
- Take part in training, meetings and reviews.
- Create displays from pupils’ work.
- Establish good working relationships with pupils, acting as role model and setting high expectations
- Provide consistent support to all pupils, responding appropriately to individual pupil needs
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage all pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance and direction of
- the teacher
- Provide minimal clerical/administrational support (example photocopying, filling, collecting money etc.)
- Establish and maintain an appropriate learning environment under the supervision of the teacher
Desirable skills/qualities for Teaching Assistant:
- Ability to plan and organise.
- A friendly, helpful, caring and flexible approach.
- Willingness and ability to attend appropriate meetings and training.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance.
25 per week
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.