Sandbrook Primary School are looking for a Classroom Support Assistant to encourage the healthy intellectual and psychological growth of the children in our facilities.
- Supporting EYFS practitioners to take care of children’s physical and emotional needs and helping to plan activities for children
- They will be required to assist the supervision of children at meals and snack time and ensure high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery
- They will be required to maintain EYFS equipment and keep in a tidy condition
- Help to participate in the preparation of resources for play and activities
- Report any accidents that may occur to the staff Lead.
- Contribute to the effective organisation and use of resources.
- To follow all company policies and Health and Safety procedures and to be mindful of risk assessment procedures and outcomes when conducting everyday duties.
- Support the needs of pupils in effectively accessing the curriculum.
- To ensure activities are carried out safely and responsibly according to statutory requirements, informing management of concerns.
Desirable skills/qualities for Classroom Support Assistant:
- Preferably, has GCSE (or equivalent) maths and English grade C or above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work confidently with children and accommodate to their changing needs
- Have great energy, with the ability to inspire and enthuse young children
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.