Highfield is a happy school, where children learn in a caring environment and all are valued. We aim to develop creative approaches to learning where children are engaged, excited and enthused about what they are doing in school. We teach children to aim high and develop their individual skills and talents so that each child achieves their potential. We want to instil in children a love of learning for its own sake and help them become confident, self-disciplined individuals capable of engaging in a lifelong process of learning.
- Help children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Help the teacher to develop learning programmes and activities, and adapt appropriate materials
- Support the teacher in managing class behaviour
- Take part in training, meetings and reviews
- Create displays from pupils’ work
- Develop knowledge of the learning support needs of individual pupils.
- Work with and supervise individuals and groups of children under the direction/instruction of teaching and/or senior staff
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance and direction of the teacher
Desirable skills/qualities for Teaching Assistant:
- Ability to plan and organise
- Ability to encourage and enable others to develop their full potential
- Open-minded and patient
- Willingness and ability to attend appropriate meetings and training
25 per week
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.