Culcheth Community Primary School are looking for a Midday Assistant to supervise children in the school hall.
- Talk to the children and listen to what they have been learning about in class
- Encourage children to use a knife and fork and to eat with good manners
- Supervise children on the playground or outdoors on the school fields
- Organise games and activities with the children outside
- Put away dining tables and to sweep and spot mop the hall floor
- Help create an atmosphere so that the meal and lunchtime recreation is a pleasant experience for pupils and staff
- Take pupils who have minor accidents or are unwell to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser, for first aid where necessary, and if first aid is not necessary, comforting and reassuring them
- Reporting more serious accidents to the Senior Lunchtime Organiser
- Give regular feedback on children’s progress to the class teacher and file records
- Establish good relationships with pupils, taking on role model by presenting a positive personal image and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Excellent communicators
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident working with children
- Health and safety conscious
25 per week
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.
This position will be subject to a DBS check.