Join Croft Primary School as a Nursery Teaching Assistant
Croft Primary School is dedicated to ensuring all their pupils grow to achieve their academic and personal potential
- To work with the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the Nursery.
- To assist the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader in developing and monitoring safeguarding within the setting.
- To be a Key Person for a number of children in the setting.
- To assist in providing a child-centred environment where children are cared for in a safe, caring and stimulating way that ensures their individual needs are met within a group setting.
- To work with the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader in creating a welcoming and family friendly environment.
- To assist the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader in the processes and procedures for quality assurance and compliance with all applicable legislation, including Health and Safety, within the Nursery environment.
- Understanding of multi-agency and partnership working.
- To work with the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader in establishing and delivering an effective curriculum that includes assessment, planning and evaluation.
- To assist in ensuring the implementation of the EYFS curriculum for all children 0-5 years.
- To assist in developing and maintaining procedures for regular review and assessment of each child’s progress in partnership with parents.
- To assist in the implementation and management of an effective parent liaison programme, ensuring regular communication and interaction with parents.
- To assist the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader in giving regular feedback to parents about their child’s development and progress.
- To receive and deal with complaints positively in accordance with procedures.
- To attend regular team meetings and training as required by the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader and Provider.
- To assist the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader in ensuring an effective stock control system is established and a register of assets is maintained.
- To assist the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader in establishing and maintaining a safe and acceptable standard of practice that meets OFSTED criteria.
- To assist the Room Leader/ EYFS Leader ensuring quality standards, including the implementation of all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- To assist in the provision of suitable, high quality materials to supports the Nursery curriculum and environment.
- Experience of working with children would be desirable.
- Be a team player
- Have a sensitive and enthusiastic approach
- Good basic skills in English and Maths
- This position will be subject to a DBS check.
25 Hours Per Week
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage Rates Apply