To work with and supervise individuals and groups of children under the direction/instruction of teaching and/or senior staff, inclusive of specific individual learning needs, enabling access to learning for all pupils and assistance and support in classroom management and behaviour techniques.
- Establish good working relationships with pupils
- Provide consistent support to all pupils, responding appropriately to individual pupil needs
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage all pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance and direction of the teacher
- Create displays
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against predetermined learning objectives
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- Administer and request routine primary tests and accurately record achievement/progress
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents and encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour in line with established school policy
- Liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher within role/responsibility and participate in feedback sessions/ meetings with parents under teacher’s supervision
- Be aware of and comply with school policies and procedure relating to child protection, health safety, and security, confidentiality and data protection
- Preferably, has experience working with children
- Team player
- Sensitive and enthusiastic approach
- Good basic skills in English and Maths
- This position will be subject to a DBS check
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.