Join Cheetham C of E Community Academy as a Pastoral Support Assistant.
This is a varied role and may often involve working outdoors with a member of the pastoral team. It would require someone to be interested in nature and the outdoors, teamwork and team building and interested in building the resilience and self-control of children who need additional support for their behaviour and wellbeing. Full training will be given.
- Help children who need extra support to complete tasks
- To work as part of the team of Pastoral Support Assistants, sharing duties and information as appropriate
- To liaise with outside agencies and attend meetings as appropriate
- To participate in induction training, staff review processes and professional development opportunities
- Establish good working relationships with pupils, acting as role model and setting high expectations
- Provide consistent support to all pupils, responding appropriately to individual pupil needs
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
Ideal candidates for Pastoral Support Assistant:
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Are enthusiastic
- Are confident working with children
Candidates must be in receipt of Universal Credit and eligible for the Kickstart Scheme to apply: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/kickstart-scheme
National Minimum Wage rates apply.