We require 2 EYFS Assistants to support the delivery of physical and emotional care for children in our Early Years setting at Leigh Wesley Pre School (EYFSA/LWPS) They will collaborate with EYFS staff to help them create a welcoming and inclusive learning environment, in which children can develop social skills and thrive.
Main duties will include:
- Supporting EYFS practitioners to take care of children’s physical and emotional needs and helping to plan activities for children
- They will be required to assist the supervision of children at meals and snack time and ensure high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery
- They will be required to maintain nursery equipment and keep in a tidy condition
- Help to participate in the preparation of resources for play and activities
- Report any accidents that may occur to the Lead
- Dealing with parents’ queries and coordinating with EYFS staff.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
We are looking for applicants with the following qualities:
- The ability to engage effectively with children, good communication skills and commitment to promoting the physical and emotional wellbeing of children.
- The applicant should have an awareness of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- The applicant should have a passion for working in the Early Years sector and an interest in the education sector.
The EYFS Assistant is a supernumerary position aiming to support Early Years Practitioners to provide physical and emotional support for children in Early Years settings.
They will collaborate with the Early Years Lead and other staff. Requirements Professional experience in the early years sector.
The ideal candidate will also have the following desirable qualities:
- First Aid Training Professional experience in the early years sector or related area
This position will be subject to DBS check.